Keoladeo Ghana National Park is a birding heaven in Bharatpur, which is recognized as one of the most important breeding and feeding grounds for many bird species of the world.
Previously known as the shooting preservation for Maharaja Suraj Mull of Bharatpur, it was listed it as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1985.
This tour also explores Chambal Sanctuary on the Chambal river, which today is home to a rapidly increasing and impressive bird population of more than 330 species. These include both resident and migratory birds.
Chambal is also one of the last surviving habitats for the endangered Fish-Eating-Crocodile and Gangetic-Dolphins.
|Best Time to Travel|
Day 1 – Delhi-Bharatpur
- Transfer to Bharatpur in the early morning by road ( 220 km / 4-4.5 hrs)
- Chek-in at Hotel
- Afternoon exploration of Keoladeo National Park
- Overnight at Bharatpur
Day 2 – Bharatpur-Chambal
- Early morning exploration of Keoladeo National Park
- Return to hotel and check-out
- Transfer to Chambal ( 120 km / 3 hrs)
- Check-in at Hotel
- Afternoon cruise in Chambal River
Day 3 – Chambal - Delhi
- Morning cruise in Chambal River
- Return to lodge for breakfast
- Check-out from lodge
- Transfer to Delhi by road ( 300 km / 6 hrs)